Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Self Reflection: Essay Four- Christen Roper



   Writing a proposal essay has always been my more favorite of essays that I have written over the years. Especially when it is a topic that I have always felt needed to be addressed. There are so many different topics you can pick, and picking one that goes great with my own life and that has affected others was challenging, yet rewarding.

   The biggest challenge had to be finding articles from the library database that gave me both sides of the argument. I needed both sides and not just one side and I found more on the internet than I did in the database. But I somehow made it all work out.

   My best element would be the length and details. Normally I don’t get enough details in my essays because I’m trying to focus on the sides of the argument or even the thesis or conclusion, but this time I was able to bring in a good bit of details to help with both sides. Each side had at least a few good details that helped my proposal out in the long run.

   My weakest element would have to be my call to action. I pulled out my proposal really well, but I still feel that my call to action wasn’t very good. I got what needed to be done, but I still don’t think I did very well on that one part.

   I probably could have gotten a bit more research done for this essay to help with the sides and the call to action more. It would have been easier if I knew how much details were going into each side and not just favoring one side over the other. Being able to have more research for both the Literature Review and the Proposal would have been great.

   I really enjoyed this essay and I’m glad that I did better on this one than I would have done on either one. I have also really enjoyed my English 102 class this year. It was a very interesting and entertaining class and I really would do it over again if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment