Wednesday, January 14, 2015

If I Could Change One Thing. . . . By: Christen Roper



If I could change one thing, it would be to find more homes for homeless or abused animals. There are so many animals out there that don't have home and have been living on the streets for almost their entire life. There are animals in shelters that have never had homes and have lived in a shelter since they were born to old age, or even died in the shelter. There are animals in abused homes that need homes that are needing loving and amazing homes. Not every animal gets a loving home that they deserve, and just like people, they need homes as well.

 I would build larger, no-kill shelters that would take in more animals and keep them from running the streets. I would send pets overseas to places that need animals. I would even do the simplest of spaying and neutering animals to keep from having overcrowding of dogs and cats in the shelters now. Even the simplest actions could help out every animal that has never had a home or needed a new home.

 I have grown up with animals all my life and most of mine came from the streets or shelters. Right now I have two dogs, two cats, and three birds and they all came from shelters or they came from the streets. They make the best pets and they always put a smile on my face. They will always put a smile on your face also. You don’t need a purebred dog or cat from an expensive puppy mill to have a great animal. Dogs and cats can come from shelters and be good pets, even better than a purebred! They all need homes, but the shelter animals and homeless animals need more help.

I hope to one day be able to help out animals one day and keep them from being killed or stuck in a shelter for the rest of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment